Currently in its 9th year, the International Best Practice Competition (IBPC), supported by the Institute of Management Consultants NZ, encourages organizations to share their best operational and managerial practices, processes, systems, and initiatives and learn from the experience of others. The International Best Practice Competition is a Virtual Event for 2023.
Best practices are those practices that have been shown to produce superior results; selected by a systematic process; and judged as exemplary, good, or successfully demonstrated, these practices can then be adapted to fit your organisation. A “best practice” may not be the best way for your organisation to choose to do something but learning about other organisation’s best practices can help you develop your own. This competition is an opportunity to share what you do well and explain why it is a best practice for you.
The International Best Practice Competition (IBPC) aims to assist, encourage, and recognize individuals, teams and organisations that have been responsible for creating and/or managing the introduction and deployment of best practices. Practices that are graded 4-Star ★ ★ ★ ★ and above are considered a best practice, with 7-Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ indicating world-class.
Best practices can be on any aspect of work that your organisation excels at. For example, crisis management, remote working, employee well-being, sustainability, response time, artificial intelligence, digital transformation, teamwork, customer service, branding, social responsibility, governance, future foresight, knowledge management, product development, customer focus or supplier relationships.
For 2023, the International Best Practice Competition (IBPC) will be recognising best practices that achieve:
- 7 Stars (this is the pinnacle achievement)
- the highest Star Rating for a particular category (therefore allowing 6 Stars or less to be winners for a category).
- Closing Date for Entries: Monday, 20 March 2023
- Best Practice Sharing Presentations: 01 to 28 June 2023
- Best of the Best – Awards Finals: 12 July to 17 August 2023
- Certificates, including Star Rating issuance to all participants after moderating and aligning the judges’ assessments: By 24 August 2023
- – Further information on this award can be obtained here.
- IBPC’s Organisation-Wide Innovation Award – Further information on this award can be obtained here.
- GBN’s Global Benchmarking Award – Further information on this award can be obtained on the Global Benchmarking Network’s website
- IBPC’s Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) Excellence Award – Further information on this award can be obtained here.
Your questions or comments are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Robin Mann
Chairman, Global Benchmarking Network
P: +64 211426531