IMC New Zealand helps experienced professionals become management consultants, whilst maintaining professional development and standards for existing consultants.
Welcome to the IMC New Zealand website.
IMCNZ is the professional body that supports and represents management consultants in New Zealand. We are raising the bar for management consultants and this website is here for our members and their clients.
IMC New Zealand was established in 1970 and is one of 50 members of CMC-Global, International Council of Management Consulting Institutes.
If you are a consultant, membership brings benefits such as professional development opportunities, resources, fellowship and support. By becoming a Certified Management Consultant (CMC), you can achieve the profession’s only international certification mark, recognised in over 50 countries.
If you are looking for a management consultant, we provide you with the assurance that the CMC you engage will have undertaken a rigorous certification process and will be an experienced and professional management consultant, committed to ongoing professional development, familiar with latest best practice and supported by the Institute’s resources and code of conduct.
I look forward to meeting many of you at one of our events over the next few months.
Jacquie Hamer CMC
President IMC New Zealand
"To be the professional association of choice for management consultants in New Zealand."
To promote excellence and ethics in management consulting through certification, education and the provision of professional resources.
IMC New Zealand
IMC New Zealand is a member of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes ("ICMCI"), an organization that spans 50 plus countries and has in excess of 25,000 members worldwide. IMC members who hold the CMC accreditation are able to practice in ICMCI member countries without further assessment, opening business opportunities around the world.
- develop the practice and profession of management consultancy in New Zealand;
- foster the compliance of members with high standards of professional performance and ethical conduct;
- promote actively the training, education and qualifications of persons practising or intending to practice the profession in New Zealand;
- to grant certificates and classes of membership to members which denote their proficiency and experience in the profession;
- develop or provide lectures, meetings, conferences and publications and to promote research in management consultancy;
- test the competence of persons engaged or intending to be engaged in the profession; and
- provide organisations (i.e. prospective employers of consulting services) with a register of members and guidance on selecting an appropriately qualified and experienced professional adviser.)